22 March 2012

The Hunger Games: a Katniss Everdeen look


As a major bookie, I picked up a copy of the Hunger Games - along with Catching Fire and Mockingjay - to see what all the hype was about a few months back. Reading each book in approximately seven hours each without stopping to eat, I got hooked and anxiously awaited the film adaptation which is premièring on March 23rd (yes, I'm British but I feel like month then day is more accurate). I was incredibly lucky to be able to snatch up two tickets to the advanced screening for my boyfriend and I - I'm the most amazing girlfriend ever, aren't I? - and so, I thought that I would create a Katniss inspired look before seeing the film, to compare my interpretation. Based on the interview scene where Katniss is described to have "huge dark eyes and full red lips", I toned it down and created something wearable and not too "Capitolised". I hope you all enjoy it! Tell me what you think. :)




Products used before filming:

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation "53"
Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer "53"
MAC Studio Fix powder "NC20"

Products shown:

MAC Paintpot "Bare Study"
Urban Decay "Tease" (for eyebrows), "Half Baked", "Chopper", "Snakebite" & "Bootycall"
Benefit BadGal waterproof liner in "Espresso"
Revlon Colorstay pen liner in "Blackest Black"
Yves Saint Laurent Volume Effet Faux Cils mascara
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer
Benefit blush in "Coralista"
Revlon Just Bitten lipstain in "Forbidden"



I hope you all have a wonderful Hunger Games weekend and may the odds be ever in your favour! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ comments and notes.